Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Ceci n'est pas une culotte?

I know, 
I promised I wouldn't...

What am I talking about!?
Well, after I told one of my colleagues that I wanted to make myself a pair of 'culottes',
she replied that NO ONE EVER looks good in culottes.
So I kind of promised her that I would never wear them...
And I am one that keeps a promise!


Now let's see how we can get past that... ;-)
What IS a culotte?
Literally it's everything that has 'split' legs.
That means everything from underpants to regular trousers.
Surely she didn't mean I could never wear trousers again (or underwear for that matter)?




Fashion-wise it is a modern version of a 'skirt trouser'.
So they are (cropped) pants that look like a skirt.
The length varies from just above the knee to ankle length.
Do they have split legs? Yes, they do!
Do they fit the definition length-wise? Yes, they do! 
(Hmmm, don't like where this is going...)


Do they look like a skirt? No, they don't!
They look like wide legged pants.

See, promise kept.
(Just to be sure, I'd better not be wearing these to work...)

A pity really, because I really like wearing them.
They're comfy, easy to style and very versatile.
You can either wear them dressed up or down.
Besides, they are ridiculously easy to make!




I drafted the pattern myself.
With a little help of miss Marlene Mukai
I discovered her site a while ago and, 
since I'm mostly drafting my own patterns nowadays,
I think it is great!
I used these as a guideline for drafting this culottes pattern (oops...).


So, what's your opinion on culottes?

Follow Lieveke en zus on social media 
      

Reacties

Een reactie posten

Bedankt voor uw reactie!
Het bericht zal worden weergegeven na goedkeuring.

Groetjes,
Ann